Earlier today (~12:15 PM), there were 6 Black Vultures kettling together a mile
and a half or so SSW of Prospect Park, as viewed from the Ditmas Park section
of Flatbush, looking west. They stayed in view for several minutes, allowing
Bob Gochfeld and me some satisfactory scope views, though they were quite
distant. They were, as one might expect, drifting north.

This species, though expanding, is still fairly rare on Long Island at any time
of the year, and this is the highest count for Black Vulture that I can find in
eBird for Long Island or Manhattan (the previous highest in the system being 3,
I think).

Good Birding
-Doug Gochfeld. Brooklyn, NY.