Fellow Birders;
    I spent a few hours this morning visiting a few nearby parks in Queens
County.  First up was Kissena Corridor (I work the west end closer to NY
Hospital, whereas Cesar Castillo seems to have the east end well-covered!).
There was very little activity this morning, much less than the last few days--
 single Savannah and American Tree Sparrows, and a pair of dueling Ring-necked
Pheasants (entertaining, but bloodless) were the lone highlights.  No sign of
the (escapee) European Goldfinch that I enjoyed at length on Sunday.  At Alley
Pond Park I did briefly enjoy the Yellow-throated Warbler, in roughly the same
place as reported yesterday-- not much else was noted.  At Oakland Lake, no
luck with the Louisiana Waterthrush, but the most interesting bird of the day
was my FOS Eastern Kingbird (near the reported area for the waterthrush).  This
strikes me as a very early bird-- consider that I did not see one in transit
before I Ieft Panama in late March, and in previous years !
 I have had this species still heading north through PA as late as early-mid
May.  My previous early date for NYC was 4/30 a few years ago.  Sometimes it's
not "what" as much as "when" that makes a slow morning of birding a bit more
interesting!
Happy Birding/ Feliz Pajareando,

Ken Allaire
El Valle de Anton, Panama/Flushing, NY