At around 9:45 AM I had a male MOURNING WARBLER along the Bridal Path thickets
at Ferncliff Forest in Rhinebeck. Before I even heard it sing it flew into a
bush right alongside the path and stayed at really close range. When it did
sing it was surprisingly quiet so if any of you go there be sure to keep your
eyes/ears open carefully. A CANADA WARBLER was also singing in the vicinity. To
get to the Bridal Path from the parking lot bear left when you reach the pond
from the main trail. A short ways down you'll see a fork in the trails with a
sign saying Bridal Path on a tree heading into the thickets. The Mourning was
just a short ways in from the start of the path. Trail maps are also available
at the parking lot kiosk.

Ryan MacLean
Red Hook NY