Hi all,

Good day on the South Shore today.

First sighting was a cuckoo flying across the Loop Parkway around 7 AM. Field
marks suggested Black-billed, but I feel like they would be less likely at this
time of year. Perhaps a late migrant?

Second sighting was of roosting terns by the Black Skimmer (and now Common
Tern) colony on the beach, and was already posted by Benjamin Van Doren
(thanks!). Before I say anything else, I want to remind anyone who wants to
bird here that we are at a particularly sensitive part of the breeding season
for shorebirds. *Give all breeding birds a wide wide berth.* So,one particular
loafing group of terns had two Roseate Terns, a Black Terns, and an immature
Arctic Tern. No photos could be obtained. They were seen around 2:30 PM. The
Arctic and Black had left by 4 PM.

Finally, around 6:30 PM others found a beautiful adult Pomarine Jaeger looking
sickly on the beach. However, the bird suddenly took off and flew strongly east
down the beach, seemingly well. Photos were obtained. It was quite day.

Best,

Brendan Fogarty