With thanks to Joan Caffrey, Mary Brogan, RuthAnn Adamo, Eric Salzman and
Annie McIntyre, for helping me see and hear this much sought after species.

On Thursday, after having a delightful lunch on the veranda of the mansion
at the Bayard Cutting Arboretum S.P. in Great River, along with Joan &
Mary (our two house-guests), and my wife, who initially suggested this
magnificent setting, I took leave of them as they strolled along the
Connetquot River, to try for the above warbler. The 2 parks are ~ 5
minutes (max) apart "as the crow flies", but at least a 15 minute
drive, due to the "great divide" created by both the Montauk and Sunrise
Highways.

Following up on Eric's sighting of 6/19, and with the huge help of Annie,
who pointed out the yellow-throated's song, as we traveled the bird's
established foraging route, I finally got to hear this species'
vocalization - this, coming after seeing this species on 6 previous
instances - with the first being on  10/9/86, on Contoy Island, off of
Cancun, Mexico.

I also saw & heard an E.Wood Peewee, and believe I heard a Yellow-throated
Vireo, in the same area as the warbler (from the road, behind the parking
area for horses/trailers). As a Red-eyed Vireo sang it's 2 part song, it
was, alternatively, answered or voiced over, by a raspier "red-eyed
song"...a sort of "dueling pianos" experience !

Cheers,
Bob