I think I'm convinced.  Compare these two:  

Cupsogue:  
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jgluth_brb/9177444471/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Mass:  
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cambridge02140/9161673939/in/contacts/lightbox/


Carbon copies, as far as stray marks go.  


Thanks, Jacob, for putting this together.  


-Peter



________________________________
 From: Jacob Drucker <[email protected]>
To: John Gluth <[email protected]>; Massbird <[email protected]> 
Cc: NYSBIRDS-L-for posts posts <[email protected]> 
Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2013 7:48 PM
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Same Stint?
 


Hi New Yorkers and Massbirders (Isn't bringing two states together FUN?!),

Comparing some photos I've seen of the Red-necked Stint such as David 
Bernstein's: http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidbbernstein/9161126259/
And John Gluth's: 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jgluth_brb/sets/72157634417843784/
It's obvious that the birds in the respective set of images are in the same 
plumage, but if you note some of the streaking patterns on the bird's left 
side, some of the streaking on the upper breast and rear flanks does seem to 
match up pretty well. Chance? Possibly. Same bird, more possibly?

Good Birding,
Jacob Drucker
Amherst, MA, Manhattan, NY


On Jul 1, 2013, at 7:41 AM, John Gluth wrote:

I've uploaded several photos of the Red-necked Stint to my Flickr page here: 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jgluth_brb/sets/72157634417843784/
>Full eBird report can be viewed here: 
>http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S14540682
>
>--
>
>NYSbirds-L List Info:
>http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
>http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
>http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm
>
>ARCHIVES:
>1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
>2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
>3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html
>
>Please submit your observations to eBird:
>http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
>
>--
>

--
NYSbirds-L List Info:
Welcome and Basics
Rules and Information
Subscribe, Configuration and Leave
Archives:
The Mail Archive
Surfbirds
BirdingOnThe.Net
Please submit your observations to eBird!
--
--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to