Clove Lakes Park

 A very cooperative Swainson's Thrush was observed in of Clove Lakes  Park
close to Royal Oaks Road on a jogging trail that leads to Victory  Boulevard.

    The bird was seen at close range and remained in  the area for a while.
It appeared there was some light molt on the head and  nape. The larger
buff and obvious eye rings were  fresh.   This is by far the earliest fall
record for me in the  borough or city. My early record of 29 August in JBWR had
been the  earliest autumn date.
A female Orchard Oriole, American Redstarts, 1 Magnolia  Warbler and 5
Yellow Warblers were also present

Howard Fischer