A few photos of the AMERICAN AVOCET and the WILSON's PHALAROPE are online here
<http://birdingdude.blogspot.com/2013/08/shorebirds-at-jamaica-bay-wildlife.html>
(
http://birdingdude.blogspot.com/2013/08/shorebirds-at-jamaica-bay-wildlife.html
)

Other than the two current stars mentioned above the shorebird numbers and
variety on the East Pond remain paltry. The weather for the next few days
does not bode well for a massive influx of new arrivals, but hopefully some
birds will drop in and maybe increase the variety a bit.

Last Sunday along with the arrival of the Wilson's Phalarope, there was a
female Northern Pintail along with Northen Shovelers and Blue-winged Teals,
a sure sign that waterfowl are on the move.

Andrew Baksh
Queens, NY
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com