The 1st winter Franklin's Gull seen this morning on the beach at Robert Moses
State Park had not been relocated by early this afternoon, despite intensive
searching. There are still large numbers of Laughing Gulls loafing on the beach
between Fields 2 and 5, although the many fisherman walking the beach have
forced some of the birds off the beach and into the water. I do not necessarily
assume this bird has left, and there still may be some gull concentrations
tomorrow, assuming the fish cooperate. Photos of the gull can be found on my
flickr site.

Ken Feustel
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kfeustel/