The Queens County Bird Club Inc. will be meeting
at the Alley Pond Environmental Center

228-06 Northern Blvd Douglaston, NY 11362-1906

http://www.alleypond.com/directions.htm
at 8pm on Wednesday **  { the third Wednesday of the month}

Our Speakers will be Eric Salzman doing a presentation on The Birds of Israel

Israel is situated on one of the world’s greatest migration routes. Raptors, land birds and wetlands species traveling between Africa and Eurasia all pass through and Israel is the only country on their route where they are not trapped or shot. It also has a large population of wintering birds from the Mediterranean and Middle East (including the world’s greatest concentrations of cranes and storks). Natives include many Mediterranean and desert species. There are now birding centers on many of the kibbutzim on the Mediterranean, in the Jordan Valley and in the desert. Eric Salzman had the good luck to be in Israel early in the spring when wintering birds, migrants and breeders all overlap. He traveled the country from bottom to top and from west to east to visit many of the top sites and environments. Eric Salzman is a composer active in new music-theater as well as an active birder and writer on birds and natural history.

Additionally - we will be collecting empty ink cartridges, toner cartridges, old cell phones, and small electronic gadgets like iPods, GPS, laptops, etc. for recycling and fund raising to benefit The Wolf Conservation Center, a non-profit education and nature center.  Please bring what you can to the meeting.

*We will also be raffling free passes to the American Museum of Natural History

Non members and guests are invited to join us for our meetings featuring noted guest speakers and to join us on our renowned field trips.

* QCBC is a tax exempt, charitable organization {501c3}.  *

Arie Gilbert
President: *Queens County Bird Club Inc*.
See http://www.qcbirdclub.org/ for more information on trips, speakers, and other events!