While this is definitely out of our area, it is worth noting that the Ross'
Gull was still present today in Chambly, Quebec, although not at the waste
water treatment plant lagoons where it has typically been seen since it's
discovery on November 10th. Rob Bate and I found it via distant scope view from
the Chambly Marina at approximately 2:30 pm. We called Gary Chapin, who was
standing vigil at the sewage lagoons with Pat & John Thaxton and many other
birders from near and far, and they all raced over and got on the bird. Even at
distance its extremely small size, long wings, small head, tiny bill, very pale
gray mantle and distinct pink body coloration were distinctive. It's a
beautiful bird, very rare outside of its high arctic home, and as Joe said,
worth the 5 1/2 hour drive from NYC.

Rich Fried

Sent from my iPhone