Last Friday I counted over a dozen Swamp Sparrows at Bryant Park, the most I've
seen in a day, pinballing among the begonias in a hide and seek with the Common
Whitethroats and House Sparrows.  This week the begonias were uprooted and
their number has declined by half.  A Hermit Thrush and a pair each of Song
Sparrows and Catbirds continue to hang around the patio on the northern edge of
the rink, diving for crumbs.  With the nice mild weather today, a couple of
warblers are still sticking around.  An Ovenbird continues by the Petanque
court and a Common Yellowthroat continues in the southwest corner.  If you are
fairly still, this particular Yellowthroat will always approach within a foot
of you.  What could you offer?

Happy Birding,
Alan Drogin