Thanks Betsy for this information. I think it is horrendous that such a
time sensitive and destructive issue can only be addressed by snail mail in
this day and age. I am doing as you suggest, but still urge all to flood
Cuomo's office with phone calls.  (518) 474-8390

Linda Orkin
Ithaca, NY

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 12:30 PM, Betsy Russell <betsywruss...@aol.com>wrote:

> I did call the NYC phone # given this morning in order to register my
> sentiments re: Snowy Owls being shot at JFK.  The call was routed to Albany
> where is was kindly and carefully explained to me that this issue needs to
> be addressed by the public in writing, hard copy, snail mail if it is ever
> going to reach the agency (DEC) that will most likely address it.  The
> woman said that one should also request a reply with contact info. so that
> you can follow up if you want to.
>
> I asked about e-mailing and the woman said the way the system worked in
> Albany it should only be hard copy. They scan them into their system and
> then send all letters regarding a particular issue on the the agency that
> will most likely address it. She explained if it is not done by hard copy
> your complaints will enter a big black hole.  For what it's
> worth............................this is the address I was given.
>
> New York State Govenor's Correspondence Unit
> 1 Commerce Plaza
> 99 Washington Ave.
> Albany, NY 12231
>
> Betsy Russell

Don't ask what your bird club can do for you, ask what you can do for your
bird club!! <')_,/