The Gyrfalcon was observed by Ted Levinas about 7:15AM this morning on an
Osprey platform that lies directly north of the Cedar Beach Marina (CBM). I
stopped by CBM later in the morning and spoke to some birders who had not seen
the bird.

At West End 2, there was a Lapland Longspur among a flock of fifteen Horned
Lark's at the SE corner of the WE2 parking lot. There are decent numbers of
Bonaparte's Gulls (approx. 200 off the Marina) in Jones Inlet now, and birders
should check the flocks carefully for possible Little and Black-headed Gulls.
Tom Burke, Gail Benson, and I had an interesting white-plumaged gull with the
Bonies that we felt was a leucistic Bonaparte's Gull. Photo at my flickr site.
Bird Counts start this weekend - lets hope the weather is not as bad as
forecasted!

Good Birding,

Ken Feustel
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kfeustel/