First off, let me apologize for sending out a confusing message meant for
off-list consumption. I inadvertently latched on to another e-mail while
sending (new computer + new mail format = problems). Sue and I spent the
morning birding at Jones Beach State Park. Highlights included a single
immature Black Skimmer on the sandbar, probably one of the three birds seen a
few weeks ago. In the Inlet a first winter Glaucous Gull was observed on the
incoming tide, later seen on the beach at Pt. Lookout (photos on my flickr
site) and by Ed Becher in the Pt. Lookout parking lot. Tree Swallows were
observed, two flying across the inlet from Pt. Lookout and one in the median at
West End. Eight Purple Sandpipers were on the tip of the West End jetty.
Despite considerable searching, we did not pick up a Razorbill.

Seen by Others
Bob Anderson found a Piping Plover along the West End jetty, perhaps the bird
reported approx. a week ago.

Ken & Sue Feustel
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kfeustel/