Yesterday (2/12) afternoon at 1300, I finally had the time to sit down and
really try to learn how to operate both of my new toys (a smart phone and a
camera)...unfortunately, I started with the phone !

 At ~ 1340, John Sep called to let me know he was looking at the Lapland
Longspur, which had been re-found by Jim Clinton Jr. on Tuesday, at the
Buffalo Farm, Riverhead. Racing out of the house, I was up there in 10
minutes, and by 1405 was feasting on my FOS Lapland !

I then had a decision to make re: going back home (as planned) to continue
learning about my toys, or to continue birding on this seemingly lucky
day...after all, I hadn't caught up with the Pink-footed Goose yet !
Tomorrow's forecast of snow proved to be the deciding factor, and as
I headed n/on Roanoke Ave, within a 100 yards I had positive affirmation on
my choice to keep birding !
In the first farm field n/o Reeve's Ave, was an adult Peregrine Falcon
feeding on the ground. As I got out of the car to scope this scene (in the
hope of identifying the fairly large prey) I noticed a Merlin land in a
nearby tree and join me in watching the ongoing feast. Although I missed
what happened next, as I took the scope out of the trunk and turned toward
the Peregrine, I found the falcon flying away, with his spot having been
taken over by a female N. Harrier. As I tried to ID the prey, the Harrier
took off with it's newly acquired meal, landing .on the far side of the
field, the prey now out of ID range.

Heading east as far as Jamesport, I had the following raptors:

1) 1 Male N. Harrier -  Riverhead.

2) 3 Turkey Vultures - Jamesport.

3) I Red-tailed Hawk - Jamesport

Returning to Riverhead:

4) 1 Merlin - Riverhead (different bird}

5) 14 T.V's. - Riverhead

Cheers,
Bob