Probably last of season (although first of 2014 Year for me) Snowy owl still
present yesterday in Hampton Bays, along with my  FOS American Oystercatcher.
Also sighted many  Brants, red-breaasted mergansers and many flashy red wing
blackbirds and boat tailed grackles. Large flocks of Robins (40-50 arriving in
the back yard just as junco numbers are diminishing (from 25+ daily to 4
yesterday). 26 ring-necked ducks on Lily Pond in East Hampton, and for those
worried about declining populations of mute swans, over 30 of them present on
Hook Pond yesterday.

Jane F. Ross
International Education Consultant
1112 Park Avenue