I hesitate to even use spring in the subject given the weather conditions
we have reverted to after a brief respite from the cold.  I think the 7
American Oystercatchers on the ice covered jetty at Breezy Point today
would agree with me, as they looked quite miserable on a cold and windy day.

The Oystercatchers were some of the highlights from an early morning hike
at Breezy Point in Queens NYC.  The others being PIPING PLOVER (1) and
EASTERN PHOEBE (1).

Other notables included Tree Swallows, Field Sparrows and Killdeer.  The
latter observed looking for food near the shoreline on a receding tide.
First time I have ever observed that behavior on the beach.

If you have not already, please don't forget to sign. (
http://tinyurl.com/West-Pond-Petition)

Cheers!

Andrew Baksh
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com