This email has been posted with permission of the NYSbirds listowner.

Dear Birders

Interested in surveying for Marsh Birds or Amphibians this spring?

Each spring, hundreds of active Citizen Scientists in the Great Lakes watershed
dedicate eight or more hours to survey marsh birds and/or amphibians in coastal
and inland marshes. Great Lakes Marsh Monitoring Program volunteers are awarded
with a great opportunity to spend time in these unique habitats - enjoying
nature, improving their skills, and supporting wetland conservation. At the
same time the important data they collect contributes to our understanding of
these species, their habitat needs and the health of the Great Lakes.

Interested in participating? Learn more about the Great Lakes Marsh Monitoring
Program <http://www.birdscanada.org/volunteer/glmmp> online, and view a map of
available and assigned routes in New York <http://goo.gl/qB53DA> or throughout
the survey region <http://goo.gl/7clhZs>. To register, contact Kathy Jones at
volunt...@birdscanada.org<mailto:volunt...@birdscanada.org<mailto:volunt...@birdscanada.org%3cmailto:volunt...@birdscanada.org>>
  and let her know your location and preferred route choice.

The Great Lakes Marsh Monitoring Program is delivered by Bird Studies Canada
with support from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Environment Canada,
and T.D. Friends of the Environment Foundation.  You can download the
most-recent report at http://www.birdscanada.org/download/GLMMPreport.pdf

Kathy Jones
Ontario Programs Volunteer Coordinator
(Canadian Lakes Loon Survey)