Today, like yesterday, I freed up in the afternoon and got some birding
in, heading east, albeit on the North Fork, this time. All of today's
sightings were from the car, except for the final (~ 100 yard walk).section
of the Fishermen's Rd. that takes you to the actual "Point" in Orient (Plum
Gut). 4 Great Cormorants were found resting on the Plum Island Lighthouse,
while 4 C. Goldeneyes were seen feeding, just past the rocks in the Gut.
Raptors seen on this round-trip between Riverhead & Orient, were 2 Turkey
Vultures and 5 Red-tailed Hawks.

Once we arrived home (my wife RuthAnn from Stony Brook)  the decision was
made to go out for dinner. While heading south on Ostrander Ave (in order
to get to E. Main St.) near the intersection of Corwin,* we noticed a group
of large, black, birds circling, as they too, headed south. Pulling over, I
started to count them, which proved to be difficult because they kept
back-tracking & re-mixing ! It took 6 tries, but I'm confident that there
were 29-31 T.V's...a truly amazing # for L.I. !

*This is the location of this winter's roost, which I first reported on
March 2

Cheers,
Bob