This morning between 0845 & 1200 (minus those bothersome n/w winds) was
time well spent - walking the above in fine weather, actually seeing some
nice birds, plus being able to get a number of "keeper" photos !

The 4 pair of waterfowl species which were at the east-most pond on 4/19
(Canada, Wood Duck, Mallard, and Green-winged Teal) were all still there,
except for the W.D., with only the male showing. Keeping with the "pair"
theme, as soon as I entered the full woods area, I was greeted by m & f
Red-bellied Woodpeckers, as well as a pair Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, my
FOS. From the top of the old "gunning" platform, I was able to see a pair
of Wood Duck in one of the wet areas to the east. Although realizing that
the hen woodie could have been out of sight at the east pond (or the victim
of something serious), I couldn't help but wonder if I had found the
earlier unseen female, in good health, albeit, with a different  mate - the
2 locations are no more than 1/8 of a mile apart.

Notable species seen as I meandered through the varied habitats of this ~
320 acre preserve included single Turkey Vulture, N. Harrier, Red-tailed
Hawk and Great-horned Owl.

Cheers,
Bob