Hello all!

I'm working on Fire Island this spring/summer as a Piping Plover field
technician and at 1130 today, found a male WILSON'S PLOVER at Cupsogue beach
county park. An iPhone-scoped shot can be seen here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/85270080@N05/14042030866/

Directions- from the giant parking lot, walk or drive west down the dirt road
(truck recommended if driving) to the metal gate halfway down the park. Walk a
little past the gate until the grassy dunes dissipate to sand and are much
shorter, take a right here at the roped path to the bay side. The bird was
right in the vicinity of this path in the bay-beach area.

Additionally, we had at least one American Golden-Plover (possibly two) here
two days ago in the park.

PLEASE be careful to not disturb the Piping Plovers in the vicinity, and
remember to stay in designated walking areas!

Justin LeClaire