A quick walk through the interior (on the service road behind the maintenance
yard) of Heckscher State Park from ~1-215 was similar to Luke Ormand's
experience at Carman's River in that it produced little of note.

Lone Yellow Warbler, Blue Gray Gnatcatcher and Ovenbird highlighted the walk.
Numerous Robin, Towhee, Catbird, Chipping and White-throated Sparrow kept the
overall number of birds high.  Titmouse, Chickadee, Downy Woodpecker and
Flicker were encountered in small numbers.  Single Red-Tailed Hawk and Osprey
represented the only raptors encountered.  On the softball fields, a mixed
flock of Starling, Red-winged Blackbird, and Brown Headed Cowbird were joined
by a handful of Tree and Barn Swallows flying by.

We also meet a park employee who mentioned an 'all white' gull that had been
seen in the parking lots by the bay.  We did not locate the bird, but it might
be worth a search for anyone who is in the area.

Overall a quiet day, particularly when compared to locations north and/or west,
but more general activity than in prior weeks.

-Jonathan and Lee Stocker