Today at West End ll at Jones Beach, Bob Anderson called me and said he
found a sparrow that he thought might be a Grasshopper Sparrow arriving a
few minutes after the call we both agreed it was a Grasshopper Sparrow. The
bird was along the dirt road leading to the fishermen's pier.Also seen in
the area was a female Wilson's Warbler offering a quick view before moving
on. A stop before at Nickerson Beach provided me with my fos Black Skimmer.
Also 5 Gull-billed terns were in association with the Skimmers. A call
later in the day from Ed Becher with some second hand information about
Bobolinks at Muttontown Preserve had us enjoying 6-8 of them in the corral
south of the parking lot. All in all a nice day to be out.
Robert A. Proniewych