There is a SNOWY OWL perched out on the nearest island in Oneida Lake, as seen
from Mill Street in Constantia.  The owl appears to be mostly white, with
barely any streaking on it.  I found it sitting on a log near the water’s edge,
doing what many Snowy Owls do when I watch them – mostly nothing.   At one
point, he hopped down to the waterline and took a few sips of water, but then
went back to his spot on the log.  Other than that, his only other activity was
intermittently dodging the diving COMMON TERNS, who did not seem very happy to
see him there.  He was still there when I left at 11:10 AM.

It appears that the MERLIN pair are nesting in a tall White Pine that stands on
the north side of Rt 49, across the street from the veterinary clinic just
before the intersection with Kibbie Lake Rd.  Yesterday morning, I watched them
copulate a few times about 5 feet or so from a nest built in a crotch of the
tree that is visible from my backyard.

Mickey Scilingo
Constantia
Oswego County, NY