Had a great time at Rockefeller Preserve, Sleepy Hollow, Westchester County
this morning, from around 9:30 to 11:00.

As usual, I parked at the free area off Sleepy Hollow Road and walked up
(northeast) the main path, Old Sleepy Hollow trial.

Warbling Vireo
Red-eyed Vireo
Yellow-throated Vireo

Redstart
Magnolia
Canada
Yellowthroat
Yellow Warbler
Northern Waterthrush

Veery
Wood Thrush
Catbird
Rose-breasted Grosbeak (3)
other common stuff

One Coopers Hawk zooming through the forest.

No sign of the previously seen Orchard Orioles.

Now the good part:  A lustily singing WHITE-EYED VIREO first encountered on the
main trail about two hundred feet southwest of the intersection with "Natures
Way."  Excellent looks too for a couple minutes.  Another birder came by soon
thereafter and we were able to hear the bird singing again.

Then about fifteen minutes later a second singing WHITE-EYED VIREO along
Natures Way just past the Glacial Erratic trail.  I suppose it could have been
the same bird, but it seems unlikely.  This one was also seen well.  This one
had a slightly different call note, part of which was reminiscent of the call
of a Great-Crested Flycatcher.

Bob Lewis
Sleepy Hollow NY