>>Subject: Ptarmigan notes
>>From: David Klauber <davehawk...@msn.com>
>>Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 07:41:20 -0400

>>It did seem very small, so possibly it starved or died of a disease. Wendy
>>said it had been frequenting the beach , which I thought odd for a ptarmigan,
>>especially with good
>>brush nearby.

David,
It was frequenting the beaches because along the beach grew Willow. Others and
I observed it eating willow buds and leaves.

I commented to my colleagues that this does prove it is a "Willow Ptarmigan" In
its native habitat it might be feeding mostly on willows, probably won't feed
on any brush, that too no native ones must be no no for the bird!

Cheers
Meena