For folks on the fence on whether a trip like this might be worth it, check
out the bird that made an unexpected appearance 17 miles east of Gloucester
MA (on the northeast side of Tillies Bank.) See the report here from the 7
seas whale watch website.
http://gloucester.7seaswhalewatch.com/whale-sightings-report-june-1-2014/

There are birds out there to be found!

Andrew Baksh
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 8:35 AM, Sean Sime <s...@seansime.com> wrote:

> See Life Paulagics has secured an overnight pelagic out of Freeport, Long
> Island this August. The date falls within a great window for target species
> like Audubon's Shearwater, Band-rumped and White-faced Storm Petrels.
>
> Leave: Mon, Aug. 11 @ 8:00 PM
> Return: Tue, Aug 12 @ 6:00 PM
>
> The early departure will allow ample time to be beyond the continental
> shelf edge and chumming before sunrise. This is the ideal for giving us the
> best opportunity to locate deep water specialties. A more detailed
> description and wish list can be found here-
>
> http://paulagics.com/?page_id=575
>
> Due to the need for sleeping space, this trip will cap the number of
> participants below normal day trips. Registration is open now.
>
> I think I speak for all the pelagic enthusiasts out there when I say we've
> been waiting for a trip like this in NY for a long time! I can't wait!
>

> Good birding,
>
> Sean Sime
> Brooklyn, NY

> Subscribe, Configuration and Leave
> <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm>
> *Archives:*
> The Mail Archive
> <http://www.mail-archive.com/nysbirds-l@cornell.edu/maillist.html>
> Surfbirds <http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L>
> *Please submit your observations to **eBird*
> <http://ebird.org/content/ebird/>*!*

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire