I just got off the East Pond and I am pleased to report that despite the
north end still submerged, adequate shoreline has opened up on the south
end of the East Pond.

I have asked NPS to put the hose out for those us who are ready and
chomping at the bit to shorebird. I"ll have a blog post up on how to bird
the pond given many areas are still under water but for those who have
experience birding the pond, I think it is ready.

Only 7 species of shorebirds around this morning. More details will be on
my post and photos of the areas to be wary of when venturing out onto the
pond.

Shorebirds are the shiznit!

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain
Sun Tzu <http://refspace.com/quotes/Sun_Tzu>  *The Art of War*
<http://refspace.com/quotes/The_Art_of_War>

(\__/)
(= '.'=)

(") _ (")

Sent from somewhere in the field using my mobile device!

Andrew Baksh
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com