9/27/14 Lows' Ridge - Upper Dam (St. Lawrence Co. (near border with
Hamilton) -Towns of Piercefield and Colton)

Just a quick note to add to Ben Cacace's NYC RBA Report:  Nineteen people
took part in the Low's Ridge - Upper Dam field trip jointly sponsored by
Northern NY Audubon and the Town of Long Lake's Parks and Recreation Dept.
We hiked 7 miles round trip beginning at 9 a.m. and finishing at 4 p.m.
There were several small flocks of Pine Siskins noted - some that flew over
us and some that my ears picked up when we would stop to listen.  I checked
my notes, and these are the first Pine Siskins I've noted since June 2013!
Hopefully, they are moving in and not just moving through!

Thanks to Ben for his reports.  These sudden, widespread movements are
fascinating to me, so hopefully, others will report Pine Siskin activity in
the state.  Our field trip group was discussing how interesting Mickey
Scilingo's reports of huge Blue Jay movements in Oswego Co. have been.  We
only found one yesterday!

I'll post more later today.

Joan Collins

Long Lake, NY