It has been 35 years, 4 months, and (?)* days, while visiting my
brother-in-law in Flagstaff, Arizona, since seeing my first, and until
today, only Cassin's Kingbird ! Having missed the fast-moving, first of
specie for NYS (10/13/07,Camp Hero, Montauk Point, Andy Baldelli), coupled
with my missing this bird last Sunday, made getting this "state bird"  a
memorable occasion for me. I, along with many others, had fairly close
looks at the bird while perched, as well as in flight, on both sides of
Aviation Rd., s/o the Community Gardens. Along with clear, warm weather and
no wind to speak of, plus the bonus of seeing fellow birders (some not seen
for awhile...some since last Sunday, ugh !) I also had the pleasure of
matching a face to quite a few NYSBIRDS-L postings, when I got to meet Curt
McDermott.