Birders and other concerned people who are able to attend should voice their opinion at the meeting tomorrow, as described below

Arie Gilbert
President - Queens County Bird Club, Inc
http://www.qcbirdclub.org

CALL TO ACTION

 Conserve, Protect, and Restore Your Coasts

Keep Us Free from LNG!
Say
NO to Port Ambrose!

Your ocean needs you tomorrow and Thursday! Hundreds of people need to stand up in opposition to Port Ambrose at public hearings! Why oppose Port Ambrose? The US doesn't need LNG imports! We have plenty of domestic energy sources and importing LNG will shift us away from a renewable energy future. Come out to a public hearing and speak for the sea! Please show your support for keeping our ocean wild and industry free by attending one or both of these hearings:

NY Public Hearing

Wednesday, January 7th, Jamaica, NY

JFK Hilton - 144-02 135th Avenue, Jamaica, NY 11436

NJ Public Hearing

Thursday, January 8th, Eatontown, NJ

Sheraton - 6 Industrial Way East, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Open House: 4:30pm-5:30pm  Hearings: 6:00pm-8:00pm

What is Port Ambrose?

Liberty Natural Gas proposes to build 'Port Ambrose,' a deepwater port that would bring explosive liquefied natural gas (LNG) tankers to the NY/NJ region. Port Ambrose could be used for both the import and export of LNG.

Top Concerns with Port Ambrose:

  1. There is no need to import natural gas.
  2. LNG tankers and facilities pose serious security risks, as they are vulnerable to terrorism and hijacking in the busiest port on the east coast and near JFK airport.
  3. LNG is a disaster for our climate: methane has an effect on climate 85 times more potent than carbon dioxide over a 20-year period.
  4. Liberty Natural Gas is a secretive corporation of nameless backers based in the Cayman Islands that refuses to disclose who they are and their financial investors.
  5. Port Ambrose will likely become an export facility. Once approved for import, it can be flipped to export without further public input, worsening the     industrialization of the marine environment, affecting fishing, and intensifying climate change.
  6. Port Ambrose will create only five (5) long-term jobs. A real green energy future, including energy conservation and renewables, will create thousands of high paying, permanent jobs.

We need to urge Governor Christie to re-affirm his veto of this
project and pressure Governor Cuomo to veto Port Ambrose!

For more information on Port Ambrose visit CleanOceanAction.org.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to attend the public hearings.

Please forward this email to friends asking them to take action and share on your social networks.

Founded in 1963, the American Littoral Society is a private, not-for-profit 501.c.3 organization. Our mission promotes the study and conservation of marine life and habitat, protects the coast from harm, and empowers others to do the same.

Thank you for caring for our coast.

Tim Dillingham

Executive Director

American Littoral Society

18 Hartshorne Drive, Suite 1

Highlands, NJ 07732

Stay Connected

Like us
                                                          on Facebook   Follow us
                                                          on Twitter

Littoral: of, or related to the shore or coast.

Copyright © 2014. All Rights Reserved.

Forward this email

This email was sent to l...@littoralsociety.org by i...@littoralsociety.org |