Hi Everyone,

At Jones Beach Field 10, I saw 2 Boat Tailed Grackles in the lot- west end
2 lot had a flock of ~200 Snow Buntings touching down.  I also saw the
Barrows Goldeneye that Robert reported today- I got a good view of
it flying a little east (still west of Sands Point Preserve). (Thanks for
everyones help)  About 2 dozen Canvasbacks by Centerport Pond.

Yesterday I saw the previously reported juv Bald Eagle that was seen at
Jones Beach Field 10 but I saw it over the Coast Guard Marina- I heard it
had been seen over Massapequa Preserve earlier, presumably the same bird.

At Belmont St Park yesterday I saw the Barnacle Goose, 4 GWF Geese,
Redhead, pair of Common Mergansers, Snow Geese- one white, one blue morph.
(was around 8:00am- the flock starts taking off by 9am)

Did not see many Scaup or Ring Necked.

Good winter birding,
Rob in Massapequa
www.longislandbirding.blogspot.com
(photos will be added in the coming days)