After lunch with another couple at J & R's in Calverton on Tuesday, I drove
through the "Grasslands" to primarily (HO HO) acquaint our visitors with
this huge track of land, and secondly (HO HO) to check for raptors while we
were there, with none being seen !

Returning toward home on River Rd., just e/o the end of the long runway, 2
"Tom" Turkeys had started to walk across the road but feeling threatened,
decided to go airborne, giving us quite a thrill !  While all 4 of us had
seen W. Turkeys before, the other 3 had never seen them fly. Seeing "B
52's" lift off and fly isn't observed too often on L.I.  A pair of
Red-tailed Hawks and a N. Harrier (Gray Ghost) were also seen along Route
25 in Calverton.

Cheers,
Bob