I salvaged an early morning airport run, with  a quick stop at Jamaica Bay.
But I was surprised by how little was going on. It was great to find about
100 snow geese, and perhaps 5X that number of brant, but very little in the
way of migratory birds: 1 golden-crowned kinglet and about a dozen phoebe,
and a few yellow-rumped wabler. I often see very good bird reports from
this area, and don't know it other than the trails to the west and east
ponds. If anyone has suggestions for other spots, please e-mail me
privately. Thanks. (Another treat was seeing one of the increasing number
of bald eagles on LI, this one around the Manorville exit on Sunrise Hwy).

*Bruce Horwith*
*bruce.horw...@gmail.com <bruce.horw...@gmail.com>*
*16 Salt Marsh Path*
*East Hampton, NY 11937*