On 1 Apr 1979, a small bird flew into a dumpster at Hecksher SP in East Islip.
Manny Levine called it and we all looked in at a Yellow-throated Warbler. At
that time, the bird was extremely rare anywhere in the NE, so It made a great
April Fools story. Since Manny edited the last state book, I  was surprised
that he didn't pick up the oversight. However, the species account was written
by Dominic Sherony, an upstate birder who wouldn't necessarily have know of the
record.  Our collective reporting is much improved these days.

Sy Schiff