Cornelius Clifford lives in Hampton Bays, is a retired high school teacher,
and a relation of mine through marriage, who has spent 81 years on this
earth (until today) without  ever hearing of the Snowy Owl bird specie, and
of course, ever seeing one !

After picking him up for our luncheon date, instead of heading toward the
restaurant, I took a detour down to the Tiana parking lot on Dune Rd., as
per the post of a  successful sighting earlier this AM. It was windy & raw
when we arrived, and Con didn't have a hat, but he did see the bird through
my spotting scope. While his eyes & glasses did not make for a clear
sighting, the owl's color, shape and size was apparent to him. When I
showed him the Snowy in a field guide, it all came together for him. He
felt enriched by his adventure...as did I  !

Cheers,
Bob
P.S...After feeding the soul, the feeding of the body was scrumptious !