I'm pretty confident at this point that it's a female Chuck-Will's-Widow:
female by buffy undertail with no white visible.  Phil Jeffrey's post from a
couple years back has some very helpful points:

http://www.philjeffrey.net/ChuckWhip.html

Like those birds, this one shows a uniformly warm buff undertail, and the whole
bird is fairly warm brown. It appeared large and large-headed (although not as
large as some other Chucks I've seen).  I'm not sure this is a good field mark
(it's surprisingly hard to find good, diagnostic information on this stuff, I
need a copy of Pyle I guess) but on a Whip-poor-will, the black borders of the
"braces" appear in pictures to be more solid, further emphasizing the paler
braces.  On the Chuck, the border is a series of smaller black spots, which was
the case in this bird.  The throat was brownish, the same tone as breast. In a
Whip I believe the throat would be darker and the breast/belly grayer & paler.

Any other clinchers I'm missing?

Cheers,

Gabriel Willow