Yesterday my wife and I visited the Eagle nest and observed the "adult" on
the nest with the sub-adult in a nearby tree.  After awhile it took off and
went hunting and was harassed periodically by other osprey that have
established territory.  We also observed a pair of osprey breeding and saw
some sky-dancing with the male offering a fresh river herring.

I would expect the eagles to be hatching very shortly... though I'm leaving
for vacation in a week so I won't be able to get in much observation for
awhile.

Does anyone know what happens if they aren't successful? Do they stay in
the same area near the nest or do they go wander?   Thanks

Photos and more can be found here:
http://birdsoflongisland.blogspot.com/2015/04/plenty-of-osprey-and-some-eagle-action.html

--
- Luke Ormand