After reading Byron Young's email re: his birding down at Smith Point
County Park yesterday morning, plus speaking to him today re: his outing
there earlier this A.M., I took off for SPCP, arriving by 1045. His list
included Rose-breasted & Blue Grosbeaks, plus Indigo Bunting, which I
found, in addition to other early migrants that I missed. I also was able
to enjoy the antics of (4) Red Fox kits, before even leaving the the
parking lot.

The 1st summer male Blue Grosbeak (blue swatches starting to show near
head) was feeding in the grass, between the macadam & chain-link fence, at
the s/w/c/o the p/lot (just s/o the opening in the fence that allows foot
passage to/from the west. Following Byron's instructions, I proceeded to
the fenced in area that contains the picnic tables, hand ball courts, etc.,
and eventually found the adult female Rose-breasted Grosbeak, the adult
male Indigo Bunting, and a Savannah Sparrow, which may be of "western"
origin, as per Sibley's desk edition - more to follow.

Where are you going tomorrow Byron ?
Cheers,
Bob