There's a wonderful video posted on YouTube captured by Kathy (or Cathy) of
the Governors Island Yellow-crowned Night Herons. I met Kathy today at the
nest. In the video an adult (presumably the male) brings twigs to the
sitter who takes and places the twigs in the nest. This is something I've
not been able to see yet during my visits to the island.

There is a link to the video on the wiki for the Governors Island eBird
hotspot in the "Social Media / Searches" section near the bottom of the
page:

http://ebirding-nys.wikispaces.com/Governors+Island

Enjoy!

Ben Cacace