When saw that this bird was seen today  at Jones Beach at the West  End
parking lot, area on the bay side,I decided to take the  road  trip from
Westhampton this afternoon to see if I might find it.  This was my second
unsucessful trip.

Unfortunately,when I got to  the East End Ocean Parkway, I found there  was
a State Trouper preventing any motorists to drive futher east. I was not
happy about this, having come all this way. in the late afternoon to look for
 the bird.  I  planned o arrive after 4 PM  snce park  charges  $8.00 to
park your car from 8 AM to 4PM (So I go  birding to  arrive earlier than 8 or
after 4)

When I tried to find out why they would not let me drive further East on
the parkway, they told me that there was some special event scheduled, (
Turns  out filming a TV Advertisement comercial.)

About 5 PM they started o let us continue to East End I never did  see the
Phalarope.

I think the park should be limited for public use not   comercials.

Andy Murphy