Spent the morning and early afternoon at Floyd Bennett in Brooklyn, Riis Park
and Fort Tilden in Queens, and back to Plum Beach in Brooklyn. The first part
of the day was rain-filled and I spent most of my time birding from or near the
car. I did walk at Plum as rain stopped in early afternoon. Winds were 10-15 SE
early on but switched to strong 20+ mph W by mid morning. High tide was 6:00
a.m.
Highlights:Floyd-

24 Black-bellied Plover9 Semipalmated Plover244 Laughing Gull w/ 30 juveniles2
Bobolink
Fort Tilden-
group of 7 flyby Whimbrel2 Black Tern (m/f)
Plum-5 Clapper Rail w/ at least 3 juveniles9 Ruddy Turnstone23 Semipalmated
Plover4 Short-billed Dowitcher2 Royal Tern (adult and juvenile)1 Long-billed
Dowitcher
The LBDO was the biggest surprise of the day, though any day I see multiple
Whimbrels in NYC is good. This still heavily reddish-plumaged bird flushed out
of the marsh and called it's diagnostic single note "kek' 4 or 5 times as it
flew off toward the southeast. Only my second all-time for Kings county.
Shane BlodgettBrooklyn NY