This morning I birded the East Pond at Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge, on the
rising tide. I was on the pond just after first light and covered the pond
from south to north and back.

The total shorebird numbers were just about 500 which is way down from a
week ago.

In all, there were 13 species of shorebirds which did not include the
Avocet. To my knowledge this bird has not been seen since last Friday.
Shorebird highlights included 1 Pectoral Sandpiper and 7 juvenile Western
Sandpipers.

Non shorebirding highlights included 1 juvenile Black Tern and the 2
continuing juvenile adult Gull-billed Tern.

Green-winged Teal numbers are on the rise with 63 counted today. Mute Swans
are up to 144....bet you wanted that update.

Cheers,

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain
Sun Tzu <http://refspace.com/quotes/Sun_Tzu>  *The Art of War*
<http://refspace.com/quotes/The_Art_of_War>

(\__/)
(= '.'=)

(") _ (")

Sent from somewhere in the field using my mobile device!

Andrew Baksh
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com