The previously reported Western Kingbird was observed this morning in the
picnic area west of RMSP Field 2. Since we were not actively looking for the
bird, we naturally found it in two additional locations - the golf course just
south of the club house and an hour later perched in a shrub at the volleyball
courts. Also present was a Clay-colored Sparrow in the picnic area feeding on
the panic grass with Savannah Sparrows, and an immature Red-headed Woodpecker
flying down the median opposite the Field 2 entrance. Additionally, we observed
a flyby Wilson’s Snipe along the four-wheel drive road at first light.

Ken & Sue Feustel