I spoke with the homeowner this morning and all is forgiven (that's their
nature).

So birders are again welcome to come and visit the yard to watch for the
Harris's Sparrow (and Bohemian Waxwing?).

Today and tomorrow (Sunday) are now OK.

Please - do not park in the driveway (apparently that's what precipitated
the whole tailspin). Be mindful of the neighbors (that was not an issue -
but just saying).

One other thing - The man is a pastor of a downtown city church. It would
be a nice gesture if folks would bring some item for the food bank (can of
tuna, jar of peanut butter - whatever) and place it in a box that I will
put out this morning. This harkens back to a sometimes popular token over
in the UK where one would deposit a pound coin in a can at the gate to a
farmyard, or the birdseed at a rare bird feeder (i.e., Gray Jay feeder up
in Bloomingdale). Or not. That's me, not them speaking.

He said that they can "police" the place if necessary. Let's not make that
necessary.

If you go, here's the drill - walk down the driveway (12 Bacon Lane) and go
to the far end of the yard (by the phragmites) and look back to the right
side of the deck. The sparrow has been coming to the base of the bright
green shrub to pick up spillage from one of the deck feeders. The homeowner
will be spreading some feed closer to the spruces to the right to encourage
this flighty bird to feed over there rather than coming across the open
lawn.

Also check behind the barn for the waxwing which was feeding on multiflora
rose hips with the groups of robins.

Rich Guthrie
c= 518-810-7086

--