Dear Peeps,

I managed to shoot some video today while observing the Clay-colored
Sparrow at Flushing Meadow Park in Queens, which I wanted to share for
anyone interested.

Today's rain, coupled with a very active bird made it quite difficult to
get decent video scoping footage, so don't be too hard on me about the
production. I removed portions of the various clips where it was too blurry
or the bird was absent and slowed the frames down to give the viewer time
to study the field marks of the bird.

Many thanks to Steve Schellenger who was a good spotter in helping me track
the bird when shooting with my scope and iPhone.

The video is publicly accessible at https://flic.kr/p/CpitGj

Best,

Andrew

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 11:09 AM, Deborah Allen <dalle...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

> Here's a photo of a Brewer's Sparrow taken in July in Bowman County, North
> Dakota, a breeding bird in typical sagebrush habitat. The tail is longer
> than that shown in photos of the sparrow in Queens:
>
> http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=18145522
>
> Deb Allen

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest