Responding to Gail Benson & Tom Burke's posting of 4/23, I spent ~ 2 hours
on Dune Rd, Hampton Bays today looking for the Wilson's Plover, which they
had found in a flock of Dunlins, just w/o the Ponquogue Bridge. I found
John Gluth on the scene, and while we didn't  find *Charadrius wilsonia, *John
did point out the Semipalmated Sandpiper and Piping Plover he had found
(both year birds for me). After exchanging phone #'s, we split up, with me
checking for the plover from Lane Island (just west of the Ponquogue
Bridge) east to the Shinnicock Canal,  finding 5 Piping Plovers along that
stretch of the bay !

Sorry for these late postings from yesterday.

1) Bald Eagle (almost full adult plumage) in nest on the William Floyd
Estate, Mastic, seen    from Osprey Point Park.
 2) Two Willets - Dune Rd, H.Bays

Cheers,
Bob