The Grasshopper Sparrow found by Alex Wilson at the 6 Diamonds Ballfields
in southern Brooklyn an subsequently reported by Shane Blodgett and others
was seen briefly mid day along the southernmost fence line paralleling
Coney Island Creek loosely associating with Savannah and Chipping Sparrows.
I also encountered a group of 6 or 7 men behind the ballfields along the
creek who seemed different from the occasional homeless person I run into
back there. Without assuming much I will say that the mix of people and
behavior was somewhat intimidating and please take this into account if you
are planning on visiting this site. Use judgement and trust your instincts.

Good (and safe) birding,

Sean Sime
Brooklyn, NY