Hi everyone,

Shorebirds found somewhere better to be this afternoon on high tide, but the
last few days have brought Stilt, White-rumped, Pectoral, and Western
Sandpipers to the ponds between West End  field 2 and TR Nature Center. Today
my highlight were three Western Willets flying with an Eastern, calling
"split me! split me!".

My lowlight was a fancy drone that appeared
Star-Wars-Episode-V-imperial-probe-droid-from-the-very-beginning-style quite
close to me. It flew low over the ponds, scaring shorebirds. Drone flying is
illegal at Jones Beach. Call the police ONLY if you SEE SOMEONE OPERATING a
drone. Not much they can do otherwise. State Park Police: (631) 321--3700, or
ask to be redirected via 911.

Also two dog ticks. Stay safe, stay smart, and happy shorebird season.

Brendan Fogarty